Friday, March 23, 2007

Wow-has it been that long???

Okay, so I am not so good at blogging!

The last post I had was over a year ago and I can probably just say read below for most of the similar thoughts. Lilacs are just now beginning to bloom. Forsythia is in full bloom and I saw the most beautiful deep purple tulips today! Spring is in the air and I feel great! Just got the results of my CT heart angiogram-everything is clear, I have no blockage, my heart is pumping efficiently and I don't need to follow up with the cardiologist or need medications to take for the left bundle branch block that is causing a flow murmur in my heart. This all precipitated while I was preparing for a hysterectomy and an abnormal EKG showed up while getting my pre-op for surgery! Wow, what a month it has been, but alls well that ends well as soon as I become uterus and ovary free on April 9th! Woo-hoo! Something I have wanted for a very long time! Just goes to show you-be careful what you wish for-God does have a sense of humor. My mom has said this many times, perfect example. My sister while in high school had no boobs and she just wished and wished for boobs-long story short-she had a breast reduction recently! Again, God does have a sense of humor!!!!

Lessons learned:

Laugh instead of cry! It's much more fun that way and the endorphins produced by laughing is healing! Crying just makes your eyes swell and get puffy and red!

If you woke up this morning feeling like crap, then it means your not dead!

And not to repeat myself, but, God has a very good sense of humor, so laugh with Him not at Him!!!!!!

Happy Friday!!!!!

5 comments:

Charlee said...

What a WONDERFUL attitude Athene!

Keep bloggin'!!

Nancywithajones said...

LOVE it girly! And ughmm I was boobless in hi school too and WISHIN I could get a reduction now!! YES GOD has a GREAT sense of humor!!

Anonymous said...

Athene you are a hoot and a half!!! Love your humour girl.
Svala

Diana said...

Great post - I'm glad your heart news is so good! great attitude!

Anonymous said...

Hey Athene! Hope your surgery went well. ((((HUGS))))
Svala