Monday, April 16, 2007

I will survive!!!


OMG, I finally had my surgery a week ago today. I had a laparascopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo oopherectomy. So what does that mean, my ovaries and uterus are gone!


It has been a long painful process to get to this point and if I knew I was going to be so sore and incapacitated, I am not sure I would have gone through with it. I feel like I have had all my strength totally sapped from me. I get tired just walking across the house. Of course, I lost a lot of blood and had to receive two pints of blood during the surgery. That may have something to do with it.


But, I feel like everyday I am getting a little stronger and push myself to walk a little more everyday. I walked around the outside of the house twice today and enjoyed the beautiful spring afternoon. And I have 5 weeks to get myself back into shape before I have to go back to work.


I am hoping to feel up to going to the park next week with Hayleigh for a photo shoot before she goes to California to spend the summer with her dad. She leaves the first of May and won't be back until the end of August. Her dad is in the Navy and will deploy for the next year so we agreed to let her spend the summer with him because he won't see him for the next year or more. But I will sure miss that little stinker. Here is a picture of Hayleigh on her 4th birthday at Safari's Wildlife Sanctuary. She is a beauty!!!

No comments: